Thursday, November 16, 2006

PARACHUTE PACKING PRO!

This is what I do for a job at the moment.....while I wait for the job I really want as a camera man! Packing parachutes, mainly tandem parachutes because that's what NZONE does the most of (around 12,000 a year). I get paid by the pack job, which takes around 10/12 minutes, and I have to keep a record of the parachutes I pack. This is mainly so I get paid, but it also means that if anything goes wrong, everyone knows who did the last pack job.......No pressure!

1 - Organise the harness container & set the brakes








2 - Pick up the canopy & shake it out








3 - Hang the canopy up









4 - Oragnise the canopy material and lines








5 - Roll the canopy in the tail material















6 - Put the canopy on the floor and put a carpet on it to squash the air out







7 - Squash the rest of the air out of it








8 - Fold










9 - Stuff into deployment bag










10 - Stow the lines










11 - Still stowing!











12 - Untwist the drogue bridle and cock the drogue chute













13 - Put the deployment bag into the container







14 - Close the container














15 - Fold and roll the drogue chute











Dah Dah!













Not the most stimulating job I've ever had, but I quite enjoy it!

3 Comments:

Blogger janemick said...

Nice one fran! I had sort of imagined a dingy hangar for packing parachutes in, not what looks like a modern sports hall. Thanks for showing us what you do! love Jane

8:01 AM

 
Blogger Stephen said...

dude are you sending that portfolio round the catalogues over there eh????? Good stuff ;-)

11:12 AM

 
Blogger Francis Mickelborough said...

Yep all in 10-12 minutes, only due to lots of practice...I packed 38 today, which is a personal record, and they all managed to pop open as planned!!

10:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home